The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee was established to design, implement and enforce CPD Guidelines of the Institute and to facilitate and encourage the provision of training and development opportunities in collaboration with accredited regional and international bodies and to foster linkages with accredited institutions such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean and other accountancy bodies.
The CPD Committee is tasked with:
- Setting the CPE requirements for members of Institute through design and implementation the CPD Guidelines of the Institute based on requirements set at the regional level via the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean,
- Ensure that the CPD Guidelines are up to date and relevant to the changes in the accounting profession,
- Monitor member compliance with the approved CPD Guidelines,
- Review and approve applications for CPD accreditation on training, seminar and conferences organized with the local jurisdiction, and
- Identify opportunities for and enhance the CPD events of the Institute.